Saturday, August 6, 2011

How Do You Do It

If I had a nickel...

for everyone who says, "I don't know how you do it."

Well, here's how.

First, you take a BUNCH of kids to music camp.

And you make them stand in front of the drop off place for a picture because inside you are bubbling over with serious hilarity and joy.

Do you see the sign?

Freedom!

I don't mind telling you that even home school moms with copious amounts of children look forward to dropping their kids off every once in a while.
Then you buy 6 chickens that were marked down because they are about to expire.

Um, the chickens are already expired.

I mean they're dead.

Stay with me here.

The grocery store is expiring them a second time.

My pride went out the window when I learned how to stretch a dollar.

I regularly buy meat that has a yellow sticker on it.

As long as it doesn't smell bad, we are good to go.

Back to the chickens.

I got six chickens for way less than $10.

I put them in crock pots over night.
Then I had a stroke of genius.

I mean a gigantic light bulb moment.

The little boys weren't old enough for music camp.

So Mom needed to come up with some fun and interesting preschool activities.
"Boys, let's carve chickens!"
I don't think eager begins to explain
the adrenalin going on here.

"I'm lovin' this kind of arts and crafts, Mom!"
At the end of our preschool activity:

1 plate full of deboned chicken

2 happy knife-wielding boys.

1 blessed momma.

The end.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my you totally make me laugh!!! Thank you :) he he he he he........love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun time for 2 little boys :)

    ReplyDelete